17 February 2008

Double Feature: The Manitou & The Night of the Comet

"Generally acknowledged as one of the silliest horror films ever made..." ~ Robert Firsching, All Movie Guide on The Manitou

Oh my. I've read the synopsis for The Manitou and I'm not at all sure I'm ready for this jelly. With the Final Girl Film Club due date a week away, and the status still at Very Long Wait on my Blockbuster queue, I'm also not at all sure it's going to arrive in time. Turns out it's going to be on cable, as I just posted at FG:


UPDATE: I got my TV and discovered The Manitou is On Demand on digital cable here, too!

Curiously, Amazon suggests you order The Night of the Comet right along with this, as its "Better Together" up-sell suggestion. Is there a connection? Is it merely sheer awesomeness?

The Night of the Comet was one of our standard go-to VHS rentals in junior high- if we didn't find anything new to watch, we'd just rent The Night of the Comet again. Over twenty years later, I recently rented it again.

Oh, and a note to the re-releasers of Happy Birthday To Me and Eyes of a Stranger, THIS is how you re-design a DVD jacket...


Reviews to follow...

2 comments:

db said...

Night of the Comet fan site at www.nightofthecomet.info

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo, Go!
Teenage Mutant Horror Comet Zombies